Wedding guest dress styles are really expressing the spring season. Pastel colors like baby pink, pale blue, mint green, and lavender are trending, and pretty spring floral prints are popular, too. You’ll see lighter, flowing fabrics for daytime weddings and heavier fabrics with richer colors for evening weddings. Dresses aren’t the only attire wedding guests are wearing this spring, dressy jumpsuits are also a spring wedding staple. Elegant, trendy, and cute describe this season’s wedding guest outfits.
Dressy-Casual Wedding Guest Dresses
For an informal wedding, you probably need a dressy-casual wedding guest dress or a casual spring wedding guest dress. This often means a spring or summer dress, paired with sandals and simple jewelry. Some examples of informal weddings include outdoor weddings, backyard weddings, beach weddings, or any wedding where the invitation specifically encourages casual attire. Here are some ideas:
- Floral faux wrap sleeveless dress with ruffles.
- Chiffon high-low maxi dress in a floral print.
- Halter neck watercolor chiffon midi dress.
- Stretchy shift dress in a bright jersey fabric.
- Tiered ruffled cotton blend dress with princess bodice.
- One shoulder balloon sleeve midi dress in delicate pink.
- Off the shoulder maxi dress with high slit in the skirt.
Semi-formal Wedding Guest Dresses
For a wedding invitation to a spring semi-formal wedding, you probably need a cocktail dress or a semi-formal wedding guest dress. This often means a short or medium length skirt or a dressy pantsuit. These can be paired with fun heels and elegant jewelry. Some examples of semi-formal weddings include outdoor weddings, church weddings, country club weddings, or any wedding where the invitation specifically says semi-formal attire. Here are some more ideas:
- Embroidered floral midi dress with a scalloped hem.
- Sheath dress with an off the shoulder neckline.
- Strappy high-low dress with waist tie and ruffles.
- One shoulder bodycon dress with ruched detail.
- Corset bodice, wide leg, floral jumpsuit with belt.
- Fit and flare midi dress with sequin overlay.
- Cocktail wrap dress with pleated waist detail.
Formal Wedding Guest Dresses
For a formal or black tie wedding, you probably need a full-length gown or formal dinner gown. This often means evening gowns, a long cocktail dress, or very elegant pantsuit with formal heels and exquisite jewelry. Some examples of formal weddings include ballroom weddings, formal garden weddings, estate weddings, or any wedding where the invitation specifically encourages formal or black tie attire. Here are some ideas:
- One shoulder mikado silk A-line gown with ruched bodice.
- Mock neck, chiffon, floor length column dress with all over pleats.
- Flutter sleeve, fully beaded blouson silhouette gown with V-neck.
- Lace over knit, floor length mermaid dress with sweetheart bodice.
- Off the shoulder, princess seamed bodice, bodycon dress with side slit.
- Satin, asymmetrical, wide leg jumpsuit with ruched drawstring shoulder.
- Velvet, cold shoulder cutouts, wrap dress with ruffles and waist tie.
Finish your spring wedding guest outfit with a light cardigan or heavier wrap to stay warm, try bright or bold color accessories for an extra pop of color, and don’t forget jewelry that accents your best features. Just remember the cardinal rule of wedding guest attire, don’t wear white, off-white, or a color so light it might photograph white.